Are you looking for a daily routine which will provide you with the right tools to help you kick-start your day? Regularity is one of Ayurveda’s best tools to establish the proper habits for positive transformation to occur. Here is a suggested daily routine to enhance vitality and energy.
- Wake up during Vata time (before 6 am)
- Scrape tongue
- Brush teeth
- Flush eyes with cold water
- 4/6 drops of warm sesame oil gargling
- Bowel movement (aid by drinking warm water)
- Nasal drops, or warm sesame oils inside to nostrils
- Self-abyhyanga massage, always towards the head, most Marma points are located in the upper body, clavicle area. Demo video
- Yoga, sadhana, mantra & meditation (if they are part of ur regular practice, if not: I can help you with that.)
- Put floral oil of your preference on your third eye, best if it is dosha specific.
- Warm breakfast (eat nothing cold in the AM) with warm spices such as: cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, turmeric, fennel, for agni ignition.
- B4 eating lunch or dinner have a spoonful of: juice of ginger and lemon equal parts, pinch of salt, honey to taste. Stimulates digestion
- Mid am snack: Fruit
- High Noon: biggest meal of the day
- Check pulse b4 every meal
- Leave some space in the stomach for digestion, churning of the food
- Always try and walk after each meal
- If possible, lay on your left side for 15 min to aid digestion
- Cleanse the energy of the day by having a hot shower, if possible sit down to meditate for a few minutes to energetically cleanse the day away.
- Light dinner
- In bed before 10 pm
- Warm milk with turmeric and ghee b4 bed time induces good sleep but also relieves sore muscles
- A little head/foot massage is good before bedtime to induce good sleep.